Annandale is a census-designated place (CDP) in Fairfax County, Virginia. The town's name from Annandale, Scotland. Downtown Annandale is also known as the D.C. area's Koreatown, and Annandale is home to the largest and oldest branch of the Northern Virginia Community College system. The public schools in Annandale fall under the Fairfax County Public School system. The high schools in the area include Annandale High School, Falls Church High School, J.E.B. Stuart High School, Woodson High School, and Thomas Jefferson High School for Science and Technology. Edgar Allen Poe Middle School and Glasgow Middle School are the middle schools in the area, and residents of Annandale go to one of eight elementary schools in the area. Annandale has 26 parks visitors and residents alike can enjoy, including Canterbury Woods Park, Poe Terrace Park, Howery Field Park, and Turkeycock Run Stream Valley Park.
Some notable people from Annandale include:
- Rob Huebel, actor, comedian, and writer best known for his work on Human Giant and Transparent
- Mark Hamill, actor, voice actor, and writer best known as Luke Skywalker in the Star Wars film series, voicing the Joker for DC Comics, and voicing Fire Lord Ozai in Avatar: The Last Airbender.
- Anthony Eric Myint, a restauranteur who is a pioneer in the environmental and charitable restaurant movement.
- Joseph Dee Morrissey, Democratic politician, businessman, and former lawyer who currently represents Virginia's 16th Senate district.
- Frank Cepollina, engineer and inventor who is in the National Inventor's Hall of Fame for satellite servicing techniques.
Your Trusted Auto Repair Shop
When Annandale residents need their cars repaired or maintained, they come to Ben Nielsen Skyline Automotive in Falls Church. Falls Church is just a quick trip on VA-244 E and the town is located about 5 miles away from Annandale. To get to Ben Nielsen Skyline Automotive from Annandale, head west toward Little River Turnpike. Turn left onto Blacklick Road, then take a slight right toward VA-244 E/Columbia Pike. Take the ramp on the left onto Leesburg Pike, then turn right onto Seminary Road. Turn left, and we will be on the left at 5709 Leesburg Pike.
Our technicians have decades of combined experience and we are committed to providing top-notch customer service, every time. Here are some reasons why we should be your trusted auto repair shop:
- We've been selected for 2020 Best of Falls Church Awards in the category of Automobile Repair.
- We offer a free loaner vehicle you can drive while your vehicle is being serviced.
- We offer pick-up and drop-off for your vehicle within a 10-mile radius of our shop.
- All of our technicians are ASE-certified.
- We offer a 36,000 mile/36-month warranty on most repairs.
- We are located right off of Route 7 in Bailey's Crossroads, a convenient location for residents of Arlington, Alexandria, and Falls Church.
Make Ben Nielsen Skyline Automotive in Falls Church your local auto repair shop! Schedule an appointment with us online or give us a call at 703-845-8477.